[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Bricks and Brass • View topic - How do I find the date of my house?

How do I find the date of my house?

Forum for discussing period houses.

How do I find the date of my house?

Postby Anthea » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:36 pm

I recently bought a simple red brick cottage ( formerly two cottages) in Olney, North Buckinghamshire. I would like to find out when it was built but have not been able to find this information so far. The vendor told me that it was built in 1800 but I don't have any evidence to verify this claim. It was clearly two basic cottages converted to one in the 1980's and is semi- detached (to a similar dwelling.) The end wall is constructed of limestone. Internally, there are numerous beams and evidence that there was once a cooking range in what is now the kitchen. There are large sash windows consisting of small panes ( 6 by six.) Any ideas anyone?
Anthea

Return to Bricks and Brass