[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Bricks and Brass • View topic - Re-plating internal door handles & plates

Re-plating internal door handles & plates

Forum for discussing period houses.

Re-plating internal door handles & plates

Postby Neil Beswick » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:14 am

I have original internal door handles and plates (house built 1929), but they are very worn & tatty - I'd like to get them re-plated, but don't know where to start - can anyone offer any advise? Thanks!
Neil Beswick

Re: Re-plating internal door handles & plates

Postby Simon TL » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 am

Neil

www.ashfordchroming.com look as if they are worth a try.

Please let us know how you get on.

Simon
Simon TL

Re: Re-plating internal door handles & plates

Postby Neil Beswick » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the lead - I tried Ashfordchroming Chroming and after an initial interest in the job, they then seem to have lost interest - despite calling & emailing, they never reply? I can only imagine there is not enough value in the job for them, but I can't be sure as they won't respond!
Neil Beswick

Return to Bricks and Brass