[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Bricks and Brass • View topic - Buying Grade II Listed - No Planning Consent Paperwork!!

Buying Grade II Listed - No Planning Consent Paperwork!!

Forum for discussing period houses.

Buying Grade II Listed - No Planning Consent Paperwork!!

Postby davidw » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi there,

As the forum title explains, the vendors have been able to supply us with copies of planning permission for some internal alterations but without anything else. Without some proof with either a completion certificate or planning sign off or something similar the planning permission could relate to something else entirely and therefore leave us up to our necks. Surely the vendor should ahve this available or can it be got retrospectively?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks
davidw

Re: Buying Grade II Listed - No Planning Consent Paperwork!!

Postby tim smedley » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:43 pm

David

My property is not listed, but I am a member of http://www.listedpropertyownersclub.co.uk/ as I find many of their services & contacts extremely helpful.

Their website states "Failure to obtain consent before altering a listed building may result in a fine or even a term of imprisonment. Local authority can also serve an enforcement notice in respect of unauthorised works requiring owners to restore the building to its former state. These notices can also be enforced for works carried out by previous owners" - which covers your point nicely! Unless someone else in this forum can help you I would start there.

Good luck and dont forget to update this page with the answer when you find it!

Kind regards

Tim
tim smedley

Postby Simon TL » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 pm

David

I think it may be worth visiting the local conservation officers. You sellers may not be happy if you uncover something bad, but you won't be happy if you buy it and get done for it!
Simon TL

Postby davidw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:37 am

Vendors are now seeking copies of planning consent which will hopefully tie up with the planning applications we have.

Cheers fro replies, I'll let you know how we get on
davidw

Return to Bricks and Brass