[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Bricks and Brass • View topic - Name the bit....

Name the bit....

Forum for discussing period houses.

Name the bit....

Postby esilvester » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi,

I have moved in to this Victorian house (pictured) and there are many jobs that need doing! I have to replace the wood and plaster that sits in between the upstairs and down stairs bay. I am trying to get the windows replaced to something more suitable than 1980's UVPC but this section is quite poor too and needs replacing at the same time.

Trouble is I have no idea what its called, does anyone know what I should be referring to it as?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89021519@N00/4222599067/

:oops:
esilvester

Re: Name the bit....

Postby Simon TL » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi

The archetypal Tudor-style wood and render treatment of gables and walls. This feature became common after 1900. Also called 'black and white work'.

Simon
Simon TL

Return to Bricks and Brass