[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Bricks and Brass • View topic - 'Sanitary' wallpaper

'Sanitary' wallpaper

Forum for discussing period houses.

'Sanitary' wallpaper

Postby kate » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:49 am

Hi
I've peeled back some of the layers of wallpaper in my bathroom and there seems to be original sanitary wallpaper underneath it. I can't find much info on the internet - does anyone know how easy this is to remove or whether I can paint over it with bathroom paint?
Thanks,
Katie
kate

Old wallpaper

Postby Simon TL » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:00 am

Kate

It should respond in the same way as other heavier papers - score it and then wet thoroughly. And then use a sharp scraper, cutting through to the plaster and then slide!
Simon TL

Return to Bricks and Brass