[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Bricks and Brass • View topic - fanlights / transom windows

fanlights / transom windows

Forum for discussing period houses.

fanlights / transom windows

Postby Saam » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:28 am

I'm replacing some late 80's doors in our 1890 conversion with reclaimed Victorian pine panelled doors. I'm thinking about having one or two rectangular (or perhaps square) fanlights ('transom windows'?).

They would be above our front door leading out from communal hall into our small entrance hall and / or the door leading from this small hallway into our living area. This door has a Vict stained glass panel.

Technically there is no problem to do this since we're dealing with stud walls, but what kind of other aspects should I consider? I'm not a 'Period Purist' but would like to draw from Victorian ideas.

Many thanks
Saam

Return to Bricks and Brass