[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Bricks and Brass • View topic - Lime Mortars and Modern Addititions

Lime Mortars and Modern Addititions

Forum for discussing period houses.

Lime Mortars and Modern Addititions

Postby sbradly » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:27 pm

My first post, thanks to all the contributors on this forum; it's already answered many of my questions:

I need to replace the cement pebble-dash render to the rear of my cottage (soft, red brick, c1905).

I would prefer a lime based rough-cast, however the ground floor has had a modern extension added (I believe it's made of aerated concrete blocks). Would lime mortars be compatible with the extension, if so, is additional preparation required?

Also, I am having trouble locating a builder with experience of lime mortars. Can anyone recommend anyone in the Essex/Kent/East London area who may be suitable?

Many thanks

Stephen
sbradly

Return to Bricks and Brass